Network TAPs (Test Access Point) provide a reliable solution for 24×7 capturing of full-duplex Ethernet links. Network TAPs are totally passive, non-intrusive and invisible to the network making them ideal for real-time monitoring of traffic between critical network devices such as switches, routers and firewalls. Permanent installations eliminate need for continual network interruptions after installation. The fault tolerant design will help ensure that network performance and integrity will not be affected by power loss. In addition, aggregation TAPs capture full-duplex Ethernet links in a combined single stream of data, can inject traffic when needed, and offer dual monitoring ports for multiple analyzers.
Network TAP Benefits
- Network stability – Non-intrusive, fault tolerant, totally passive, minimal latency
- Secure – Invisible on the network and no single point of failure
- Simple installation – Plug and play with a 3 unit rack mount available
- Reliable power – Never lose network traffic
- Eliminate the need for port mirroring and the degradation it causes