USR3453C Courier® 56K Business Modem
The USR3453C Courier 56K* Business Modem combines business-class performance and reliability with advanced V.92 and V.Everywhere Internet technology. Advanced Line Probing technology finds the fastest connection and maintains connections under poor line conditions. Includes advanced business features like global usage, Carrier Loss Redial, and Dial and Dialback Security.
• V.Everything technology supports all key ITU fax and data communications protocols
• V.Everywhere technology supports most country-specific telephone networks
• Finds the fastest connection and maintains connections under poor line conditions
• Compatible with both V.92 and V.90 standards
• Operating system independent
• Universal power adapter automatically handles global power variations from 100V to 240V
The USR3453C Courier® 56K Business Modem with V.Everything® and V.Everywhere® technology offers the perfect solution for remote network applications.
Advanced Line Probing technology finds the fastest connection and maintains connections under poor line conditions. Carrier Loss Redial automatically senses, redials, and re-establishes dropped remote connections – creates a virtual leased-line connection between two modems, over regular dial-up lines. Dialback security checks incoming calls for password authorization and then dials back pre-defined numbers to assure only appropriate users establish connections. Remote management capabilities let you configure, update, or troubleshoot your modems from almost anywhere.
When failure is not an option, you need the USR3453C Courier® 56K Business Modem.
- Autopass works with up to 79 users, and automates logging in between two Couriers by including the password in the V.42 error-control request
- Password Prompting, works with any type of modem, where the host Courier requests a password from those dialing in
Dialback security checks incoming calls for password authorization and then dials back predefined numbers to assure only approved users establish connections.
• Carrier Loss Redial automatically senses, redials, and re-establishes dropped remote connections thus creating a virtual leased-line connection between two USR3453C modems over regular POTS lines
• Advanced Line Probing technology finds the fastest connection and maintains connections under poor line conditions
• Brown-out Protection assures you stay connected even in areas with poor power facilities
• Robust, business-oriented design, component selection, testing, and experience to support non-stop operation
Powerful Management Tools
• Remote Management lets you configure or troubleshoot from almost anywhere
• Instant Update† automatically checks the USRobotics web site for code updates when you’re online and downloads new features at your convenience
• Remote Flash capability lets you upgrade Courier modems at remote locations from a central site
USR3453C modems are invaluable for applications where out-of-band access is required. Providing a secure level of redundancy and connectivity in the event of a LAN/WAN system failure, the USR3453C allows technicians to bypass the failed systems and use a telephone link to reach network infrastructure to diagnose and repair the failure. The multi-layered security features of the Courier modem also prevent unauthorized access to the remote network. (See also ACP Series 2.0 for additional security)
• USR3453C Courier 56K Business Modem
• RJ-11 phone cord (6 ft)
• VersaPower Kit (universal power supply 100V-240V) with plugs for Europe, UK, US and China (6 ft)
• RS-232 serial cable (3 ft)
• Quick Installation Guide
• Quick Reference Card
• Installation CD-ROM
* Capable of receiving at up to 56K and sending at up to 48 Kbps (or 31.2 Kbps with V.90 server). Due to FCC regulations on power output, receiving speeds limited to 53.3 Kbps. Actual speeds may vary. V.92 and V.90 features require compatible phone service and support from your Internet Service Provider (ISP). U.S. Robotics modems featuring V.92 enhancements are backward compatible and will negotiate the highest possible speed when connecting to an ISP.
† Requires Windows operating system.
• Reduces or eliminates costly dedicated phone lines for fast R.O.I.
• Hacker Shield Protection secures dial-up modems from unauthorized access
• Control remote management port access for service vendors
• Automatically directs calls to phone, fax, or modems
• Streamlines polling and data acquisition processes
• HACKER SHIELD PROTECTION– Programmable Security Access Codes, up to 7 digits per port, protects connected devices from unauthorized access for a robust telephony firewall.
• Caller ID “Store & Forward”– CID is sent to device on first ring.
• Multiple Line Seizure Ports– Up to four device ports can now be designated for emergency line seizure for critical applications.
• LED Status Display– Seven segment display shows port in use & programming value read-back. Audible read-back tones are also provided for remote programming.
• Data Disruption Protection– Prevents active calls from interruption by another device.
• Remote Programming– ACP’s can be securely programmed by a remote administrator.
Bell Spec Ring-Back Tones
Dual Surge Protection
No Software to Install
Mounting Bracket Included
2 Year Warranty
• Out-of-Band Network Access
• Utility Meter Reading
• Remote Site Management
• HVAC Control Monitoring
• Substation Communications
• Point-of-Sale System Integration
• Modem Polling
• Fuel Tank Monitoring
• Service Port Access
• SCADA Interrogation
• 1st Line Network Support