USR5686G-PRO Courier Lite 56K* Business Modem
The USR5686G-PRO Courier® Lite 56K* Business Modem combines business-class performance and reliability of a controller-based modem and powerful security features for reliable communications. Machine to Machine data transport, remote access, and fax functionality work smoothly even over the worst lines. V.22 advantages offer quicker 1200 bps connections for small data transfers, ideal for POS systems.
- Controller-based (hardware) modem – works with the widest range of operating systems and handles all communication processing tasks for faster throughput
- Designed to work over even the worst line conditions to ensure that your remote access is successful
- Everything technology provides support for all key communications protocols
- Lower-cost drop-in replacement for most Courier modem applications
The USR5686G-PRO Courier® Lite 56K* Business Modem with V.Everything® technology provides secure, reliable analog connections. Many modems claim reliability, but even fewer offer the multitude of advanced business features like Courier’s Carrier Loss Redial, Dialback Security, and Remote Access capabilities. Point of Sale, M2M (Machine to Machine), IoT (Internet of Things) applications as well as Out of Band Management and Remote Management deployments utilize remote access to configure or troubleshoot. V.22 advantages offer quicker 1200 bps connections for small data transfers, ideal for POS systems. Direct replacement for the USR3453C Business modem.
Dialback security checks incoming calls for password authorization and then dials back predefined numbers to assure only approved users establish connections.
• Carrier Loss Redial automatically senses, redials, and re-establishes dropped remote connections thus creating a virtual leased-line connection between two USR5686G modems over regular POTS lines
• Advanced Line Probing technology finds the fastest connection and maintains connections under poor line conditions
• Brown-out Protection assures you stay connected even in areas with poor power facilities
• Robust, business-oriented design, component selection, testing, and experience to support non-stop operation
Powerful Management Tools
• Remote Management lets you configure or troubleshoot from almost anywhere
• Instant Update† automatically checks the USRobotics web site for code updates when you’re online and downloads new features at your convenience
• Remote Flash capability lets you upgrade Courier modems at remote locations from a central site
USR5686G modems are invaluable for applications where out-of-band access is required. Providing a secure level of redundancy and connectivity in the event of a LAN/WAN system failure, the USR5686G allows technicians to bypass the failed systems and use a telephone link to reach network infrastructure to diagnose and repair the failure. The multi-layered security features of the Courier modem also prevent unauthorized access to the remote network. (See also ACP Series 2.0 for additional security)
- FCC approved (Part 15/Part 68)
- IC approved (ICES-003/CS-03)
- UL/CUL listed
- CE approved (Class B)
- ROHS Compliance
- USR5686G-PRO Courier Lite 56K Business Modem
- Power Supply Unit
- RJ-11 phone cord (7 ft/2.13 m)
- DB9 to DB25 RS-232 serial cable (3 ft/0.91 m)
*Capable of receiving at up to 56 Kbps and sending at up to 48 Kbps (or 31.2 Kbps with V.90 server). Due to FCC regulations on power output, receiving speeds are limited to 53.3 Kbps. Actual speeds may vary. V.92 and V.90 features require compatible phone service and support from your Internet Service Provider (ISP). U.S. Robotics modems featuring V.92 enhancements are backward compatible and will negotiate the highest possible speed when connecting to an ISP.
** Support for 64 bit operating systems requires a driver update (available in the support section of the website at www.usr.com/support). Support for newer Operating Systems may also be available