The Stick | Automatic Call Processor
The Stick automatically screens and routes all incoming voice, fax, and modem calls to the right equipment every time so there is no need for multiple costly phone lines. Get more value out of your phone lines— telecom costs can be dramatically slashed with a ROI of months, not years!
- Cut Phone Costs — save up to $600/year (based on US national average) per line
- Pays for itself in 3 months with just 1 line reduction
- Add new telephony equipment without adding costs
- Easy to install and use; NO software
- Protects modems from hackers
The Stick Phone/Fax/Modem Switch allows up to four devices to share a single telephone line, thus allowing you to reduce lines and cut monthly line subscription costs. Eliminating just one line, with a national average cost of $50 per month, results in a $600 annual savings for just one location!
The Stick is a state-of-the art telephone line sharing device that quickly screens and automatically routes all voice, fax (Multi-function copier), and modem calls to the right equipment every time – eliminating the need for costly dedicated phone lines. A wide range of devices can share a single telephone line for remote access, polling, and normal in/outbound transactions, for example: Out-of-Band Router Access via Dial-up modem, Point of Sale (POS), Energy Management/HVAC, Lighting Controls, Fax Machines, Credit Card Terminals, Postage Meters, and Digital Signage to name a few.
How does The Stick work?
The Stick is a phone line sharing device designed to be installed on a standard analog/simulated analog telephone line (Fig.1). The Stick uses tone recognition to route incoming calls and is capable of recognizing a CNG (Fax) tone and DTMF (touch) tones.
By default, The Stick will answer as soon as “hearing” an incoming ring and immediately start scanning for tones. During this brief scanning period, The Stick provides a bell spec “ring back” to the calling party. If a Fax tone is detected, the Stick will transfer the call to the fax port, not ringing the Voice 1/Voice 2 ports. If the appropriate DTMF security access code (transfer code) is detected, The Stick will transfer the call to the corresponding port, not ringing the Voice 1/Voice 2 ports.
In the absence of Fax or DTMF tones, the call will default to the Voice 1/Voice 2 ports (**NOTE** Voice 1/Voice 2 ports are shared, meaning there is no “barge-in” protection between the two). Outbound calls are processed in the standard, first come first serve fashion. The Stick also provides Barge In Protection which allows a device to have uninterrupted access to the telephone line. When the telephone line is in use, any other device attempting to acquire the telephone line will be blocked. The Stick is programmed by using DTMF (touch) tones from a telephone key pad.
The Stick Provides Flexible Functionality
It is important to note that The Stick can be used with a variety of telephony devices in many business data/comm scenarios. In Fig. 2, a fax device is not used in the installation at all (Fax detection turned off). Credit card transactions (primary or back-up) are made through the Voice 1 port; an optional phone handset can be connected to Voice 2.
Many service vendors require periodic modem access to on-site equipment and this can be done securely through The Stick without the monthly cost of a dedicated line. In Fig. 2, the Fax port serves this function. Also, if and when the data network goes down, secure inbound access to an out-of-band management port is available (via the Modem port). All ports on The Stick are kept secure from hackers by user defined, four digit security access codes.
Keep in mind, any telephony device that is required but is not used often enough to justify a recurring monthly expense is a prime candidate for phone line sharing. The Stick gives you a 3 month R.O.I. Based on the average cost of a business phone line ($50),your savings should be hitting the bottom line after the third month, and every month thereafter. Call us today and you could be saving money as soon as next quarter!
• Easy to install; No software
• Eliminate unnecessary phone lines, save up to $600/year*
• Pays for itself in 3 months with just 1 line reduction
• Add new equipment without paying for additional telephone lines
• Security access codes protects modems from hackers
• Automatic Fax Detection– Programmed to auto route fax calls to fax or fax modem.
• Barge-in Protection– Prevents active calls from interruption by another connected device.
• Fully Programmable– Program all features via telephone keypad; no software or drivers to install.
• Manual Transfer Capability– Transfer a call to any device port by touch tones.
• Programmable Security Access Codes– User defined transfer codes provide security and control.
• Bell Spec Ring-Back Tones– The Stick transmits a “ring-back” that sounds is identical to the TELCO.
• Non-Volatile Memory– User programming is preserved after a power outage.
• One Year Limited Warranty
• Out-of-Band Network Access
• Energy Management Controls
• Point-of-Sale System Integration
• Lighting Controls
• Modem Polling
• Fuel Tank Monitoring
• Automated Meter Reading
• Small/Home Office
• Service Port Access
• Remote Equipment Maintenance