USR4204 | Console Server & Power Switch
MANAGE NETWORK DEVICES AND POWER CYCLE EASILY FROM ANY LOCATION
- Quickly and securely monitor power, reboot, or configure remote network equipment.
- Hybrid console server & PDU saves cost and rack space.
- Why pay for what you don’t need? Similar products offer unnecessary ports at greater costs.
- Provide critical remote management for locations that do not have full-time IT staff.
- 2 year warranty
The USR4204 Courier Console Server & Power Switch provides remote access for up to 4 console ports and control of up to 2 power outlets (100-250 VAC) over a single modem connection. Quickly reboot or configure routers, servers, and firewalls from remote locations when the network goes down or when Out-of-Band access is the only communication option available.
Keep costs to a minimum and reduce rack space and maintenance by consolidating to a single console server power hybrid and just one modem, but retain the same amount of control. Know the connection and data are secure when used with our worldwide approved USR Courier Business Modems and have peace of mind with built-in security notifications.
Designed specifically for easy use with Cisco routers, no special cables are needed and optional linefeed pacing automatically prevents missed CLI commands when using a batch file to configure the router. The USR4204 hybrid is ideal for IT managers responsible for maintenance and management of remote locations near or far.
USR4204 Product Overview & Demo
• USR4024 Courier Console Server & Power Switch
• VersaPower Kit (Universal power adapter 100 V – 240 V) with UK, European, China and US plugs
• RJ45 Rollover Cable (6 ft/1.8 m)
• RJ45 to DB25 Adapter
• RJ45 to DB9 Adapter
• 2 Rackmount brackets with mounting screws
• 4 Rubber feet
• Quick Reference Guide
Industrial Quality Design
- Desktop or 19″ 1U Rackmount options included
- Compact design ideal for branch offices with small IT closets or small off-site locations in need of remote management
- Rugged Steel Housing
- 2 Year Warranty
- Designed and developed in the USA
OS Compatibility: The USR4204 is operating system Independent and is compatible with all current Windows, Macintosh, and Linux operating systems. Use with USR3453C Courier Business Modem for additional security features like dial-back, autopass, and additional password prompting.
USR 4204 Physical Features
1. Terminal Port – RS-232 port for connection to modem or computer serial port to configure and manage the USR4204 and connected devices. The terminal port supports an RS-232 asynchronous serial DTE connection via an RJ45 jack. See appendix A for pinout details. Terminal port activity can be monitored using the two adjacent LEDs. Both LEDs light when the terminal or modem connected to this port signals that it’s ready to receive or transmit data. For a terminal it is the DTR signal, for a modem it is the DCD signal. The left LED flickers when data is transmitted from the terminal port, the right LED flickers when data is received by the terminal port.
2. Serial Ports – Connect RS-232 network devices with RJ45 cables for device management.
The four serial ports are RS-232 asynchronous serial DCEs presented on RJ45 jacks. See appendix A for pinout details. Each serial port is represented by two adjacent LEDs, which light when the port is selected. The left LED flickers when data is transmitted from the serial port, the right LED flickers when data is received by the serial port.
3. Mains Input Port – Connect a C13 power cord from a nearby power outlet to the mains input port to provide power to additional network devices. The mains power input port is an IEC C14 fused inlet, rated for 8 amps maximum.
4. Power Output Ports – Connect power cords from up to two network devices (rated for a total of 8 amps combined) for individual power management. The power out ports are IEC C13 outlets, individually rated for 8 amps maximum.
5. External Power Supply Input – Connect the included Versa Power Kit to power the USR4204. The external power supply input delivers operating power to the USR4204 from the external low voltage power supply that is included with the product.
• A combined console server and PDU saves cost and space.
• Use with the USR Courier Business Modem you already have.
• Readily available throughout the channel for quick installation needs.
• Quickly monitor power, reboot, or configure routers and other network devices from remote locations.
• Reduce rack space by consolidating to a single hybrid and one modem.
• Switch between 4 serial devices remotely with a modem or locally with a connected terminal
• Serial Ports have 2 LEDs that indicate select, transmit, and receive RS232 Async, full duplex operation
• Supports software flow control in each direction
• 256 byte buffer, 2.5 kb when used with a Courier Business Modem
• Uses standard Ethernet cables to connect the console server to network appliances
• Two C13 power outlets
• Remotely power cycle servers, routers or other appliances quickly and efficiently
• Power status (on/off)
• Power meter provides true RMS current measurement of each outlet
• High load rating supports high power rated appliances
• Power state memory – after power failure, the unit returns to previous state
• POS Systems
• Digital Video Recorders
• Digital Signage